Few Good Men Quotes is taken from the film (A Few Good Men ) itself. This film goes about as a token of how stars who have been so normal somewhere else can deliver fantastically; work when in the hands of a sure chief (Reiner, who was then at the stature of his forces following When Harry Met Sally and Misery). Nicholson and Cruise, as the grizzled old armed force general clutching privileged insights and the optimistic young legal counselor Turk who ‘can’t deal with reality’ increase current standards on exhibitions, and where they lead, every other person, including a shockingly strong Demi Moore, follows.
We will provide a summary of the whole story before that we will share a few good men quotes.
A Few Good Men Quotes
- ” Apparently he’s not very happy down here in Shangri-la because he’s written letters to everyone but Santa Claus asking for a transfer and now he’s telling tales about a fence line shooting, Matthew? “- Jessup
- ” You’re “appalled”. This kid broke the chain of command and ratted on a member of his unit. To say nothing of the fact that he is a US Marine, and it would appear that he can’t run from here to there without collapsing from heat exhaustion. What the fuck is going on in Bravo Company? “- Jessup
- ” That won’t be necessary, I can handle the situation. “-Kendrick
- ” The same way you handled the Curtis Bell incident? “-Markinson
- ” Get me the President on the phone. We’re surrendering our position in Cuba. “-Jessup
- ” Wait a minute, Tom. Don’t get the President yet. Maybe we should consider this for a second. Dismissed, Tom. “-Jessup
- ” Maybe, and I just spitballing here, maybe, we have a responsibility as officers to train Santiago. Maybe we as officers have a responsibility to this country to see that the men and women charged with its security are trained professionals. Yes, I’m certain that I read that somewhere once. And now I’m thinking, Colonel Markinson, that your suggestion of transferring Santiago, while expeditious and certainly painless, might not be, in a matter of speaking, the American way. Santiago stays where he is. We’re gonna train the lad! “- Col Jessup
- ” I’m gonna talk to your supervisor. “-Galloway
- ” Don’t I feel like the fucking asshole. “- Jessup
- ” Colonel, I’ll just need a copy of Santiago’s transfer order. “-Kaffee
- ” The Corporal will take you by Personnel on your way back to the flight line and you can have all the transfer orders you want. “-Jessup
- ” You have to ask yourself. You see, Danny, I can deal with the bullets and the bombs and the blood, ask around. I don’t want money and I don’t want medals. What I do want is for you to stand there in your faggoty white uniform and extend me some fucking courtesy! You gotta ask me nicely. “-Jessup
- ” Oh, Harold? You see what I’m getting at? If Santiago didn’t have anything on you… why did you give him a Code Red? “-Kaffee
- ” Well, what do we do then, sir? We joined the Marines because we wanted to live our lives by a certain code and we found it in the Corps. Now you’re asking us to sign a piece of paper that says we have no honor. You’re asking us to say that we’re not Marines. If a court decides that what we did was wrong, then I’ll accept whatever punishment they give. I believe I was right. I believe I did my job. But I will not dishonor MYSELF, MY UNIT, OR THE CORPS SO THAT I CAN GO HOME IN SIX MONTHS! Sir. “-Dawson
- ” I strenuously object? Is that how it works? Objection. Overruled! No, no, no… I strenuously object! Oh, I should reconsider then! “-Weinberg
- ” You got the court thinking we’re afraid of the doctor. Christ, you even had the judge saying he was an expert! You object once, so we can say he’s not a criminologist. You keep after it, our cross looks like a bunch of fancy lawyer tricks. It’s the difference between paper law and trial law “-Weinberg
- “Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who’s gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinburg? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago, and you curse the marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Santiago’s death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don’t want the truth because deep down in places you don’t talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. Either way, I don’t give a damn what you think you are entitled to.”- Aaron Sorkin
- ” You can’t handle the truth!” – Colonel Jessup in A Few Good Men “- Aaron Sorkin
- ” You are like seven of the strongest women I have ever met. “- Aaron Sorkin
- ” What did we do wrong? We did nothing wrong! “- Downey
Is This Film All About Military Life Or More Than That?
Nonetheless, it’s said that more than ten years on from the motion picture’s discharge, that the genuine star of A Few Good Men is the film’s true maker, Aaron Sorkin. He proceeded to make the West Wing and the sharp-witted, intellectually-charged automatic rifle discourse that embodied that show’s initial scarcely any seasons is in plain view here, as Sorkin portrays the exceptionally charged military circumstance in Cuba; goes around shows of the class Moore and Cruise’s characters be a tease, however never get it on and still finds an opportunity to fit in two or three really exemplary scenes. Well, that is composing. The West Wing demonstrated it was no accident.
This film conflict of qualities penetrates military life as well as society on the loose. For sure, the genuine effect of A Few Good Men is evident when it is found in this specific circumstance. The story strikingly shows that the issue in American culture has never been a nonappearance of qualities but instead the forcefully troublesome and fierce style of the fight between people of profound feelings with totally various frameworks of good understanding.
Hope our collection of a few good men quotes, clarifies and summarizes the main theme of the movie.