Not every young adult novel is twisted with stories and many things to discover. If you look for our suggestion, we would definitely recommend Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe written by Benjamin Alire Sáenz .
This book has won many prestigious awards. The book is about two young boys name Aristotle (Ari) and Dante, it has portrayed their uncommon bonding and friendship through their journey.
Aristotle is an angry teen with a lot of family issues and has to go through a tough phase of life. On the other hand, Dante is ambitious and visionary who looks at the world in a unique way.
Their friendship all started when Aristotle wanted to run away from his family by swimming despite not knowing how to swim. He met Dante at the swimming pool. Dante taught him to swim and Ari learned a lot from Dante specially created a whole new perspective of the world.
The story is more than a young adult genre, it has the recreation of growing friendship and strong bonding between two individual young boys. Many readers might relate the frustration and anger of Ari from the beginning. This book is a masterpiece that will make you fall in love and you might become sentimental.
Here’s we picked Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe quotes from the book which is inspiring and heart touching.
Top Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of The Universe Quotes
- “And somehow it felt like it was Dante who saved my life, not the other way around. I wanted to tell them that he was the first human being, apart from my mother, who had ever made me want to talk about the things that scared me. I wanted to tell them so many things yet I didn’t have the words. So I stupidly repeated myself: Dante’s my friend.” -Aristotle
- “I was harder than Dante. I think I’d tried to hide that hardness from him because I’d wanted him to like me. But now he knew. That I was hard. And maybe that was okay. Maybe he could like the fact that I was hard just as I liked the fact that he wasn’t hard. “- Aristotle
- “Ari, the problem isn’t just that Dante’s in love with you. The real problem—for you, anyway—is that you’re in love with him.” -Mr. Mendoza
- “Someday, I’m going to discover all the secrets of the universe.” -Dante
- “I could be something and nothing at the same time. I could be necessary and also invisible. Everyone would need me and no one would be able to see me. “
- ” My mother and father held hands. I wondered what that was like, to hold someone’s hand. I bet you could sometimes find all of the mysteries of the universe in someone’s hand. “- Dante
- “If Summer was a book then I was going to write something beautiful in it. In my own handwriting. But I had no idea what to write. And already the book was being written for me. Already it wasn’t all that promising. “
- ” Another secret of the universe: Sometimes the was like a storm that came out of nowhere. The clearest summer morning could end in a downpour. It could end in lightning and thunder. “
- “As Dante and I lay on our backs in the bed of my pickup and gazed out at the summer stars, I was free. Imagine that. Aristotle Mendoza, a free man. I wasn’t afraid anymore. “- Aristotle
- “Dante’s my friend. wanted to tell them that I’d never had a friend, not ever, not a real one. Until Dante. I wanted to tell them that I never knew that people like Dante existed in the world, people who looked at the stars, and knew the mysteries of water, and knew enough to know that birds belonged to the heavens and weren’t meant to be shot down from their graceful flights by mean and stupid boys. “- Aristotle
- “I also knew I had inherited the name of the world’s most famous philosopher. I hated that. Everyone expected something from me. Something I just couldn’t give. So I renamed myself Ari. If I switched the letter, my name was Air. I thought it might be. “- Aristotle
- ” This was what was wrong with me. All this time I had been trying to figure out the secrets of the universe, the secrets of my own body, of my own heart. All of the answers had always been so close and yet I had always fought them without even knowing it. From the minute I’d met Dante, I had fallen in love with him. I just didn’t let myself know it, think it, feel it. My father was right. And it was true what my mother said. We all fight our own private wars “-Aristotle
- “I got to thinking that poems were like people. Some people you got right off the bat. Some people you just didn’t get–and never would get.” -Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- “Words were different when they lived inside of you. “
- “I wondered if my smile was as big as hers. Maybe as big. But not as beautiful”
A Few Bonus Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of The Universe Quotes
- ” All I did was smile at him. He’d told me something about himself. I was happy “
- “You can’t make anyone be an adult. Especially an adult.”
- “Smiles are like that. They come and go.”
- ” I had a rule that it was better to be bored by yourself than to be bored with someone else.”
- ” I pretty much lived by that rule. Maybe that’s why I didn’t have any friends.”
- ” It was good to laugh. I wanted to laugh and laugh and laugh until I laughed myself into becoming someone else. “
- “You should just sit them down and make them tell you. Make them be adults.”
- “Scars. A sign that you had been hurt. A sign that you had been healed.”
- “The problem with my life was that it was someone else’s idea. “
- “Sometimes when people talk, they don’t always tell the truth. “
- ” Her eyes were like the night sky in the desert.”
- “It felt like there was a whole world living inside her. I didn’t know anything about that world.”
Inspiring Quotes That Has Deep Meaning in this Novel
As you have gone through the Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe quotes and if you have read this book earlier, the quotes might brighten up your memories regarding the novels. The dialogues and the plot are collective and soothing. You will or have not found any cliche or typical plots during reading the book.
If you are a new reader and was looking for reviews before giving it a read, trust us it is not a review for the book rather sharing the most valuable Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe quotes for you; which will surely convince you to go through the book and enjoy it yourself.
This is really a coming of age Young Adult novel. Even though it’s portrayed as LGBT (which is true and shelved it myself as it too), there is a good part of this storyline where it doesn’t feel that way. It is mostly about friendship, family, trust, loyalty and being honest to ourselves and who we truly are. Then, comes the romance and LGBT part as well.
Why This Novel Is Famous?
It is a melodious novel about family and fellowship from widely praised author Benjamin Alire Sáenz. Aristotle is a furious high schooler with a sibling in jail. Dante is a smarty pant who has a magnificent perspective on the world. At the point when the two meet at the pool, they appear to share nothing for all intents and purposes.
However, as the recluses start getting to know one another, they find that they share prestigious friendship; the caring that changes lives and endures forever. Also, it is through this bonding that Ari and Dante will get familiar with the most significant truths about themselves and the sort of individuals they need to be.
We believe most would agree that the novel doesn’t just discover LGBTQIA writing it must be searched out by invested individuals. This is particularly valid for youthful grown-ups writing where transitioning topics regularly do exclude investigations of sexual personalities, especially if those characters are eccentric.
That is the reason we hooked onto Benjamin Alire Sáenz’s tale and covered “Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe Quotes. The novel provides a legitimate and convincing story about growing up around two little fellows investigating personalities of family, race and unique sexuality.