Before sharing eternal sunshine of the spotless mind quotes with you, we have to say Eternal Sunshine has more silliness and a more readable sentiment than Resnais’ drearily agnostic, nerve-racking exemplary, just as tropes that address the snapshot of its discharge. Clementine played with abnormal dynamic quality by Winslet who’d never get a job this eccentric again is obviously a riff on the hyper pixie dream-young lady figure of speech that spooky movies of the aughts, however the term itself was not instituted until 2007.
But at the same time, she’s more seasoned than that prime example both of the leads are. What’s more, her wild hastiness, a point of fascination for the standard dream young girl, is here more double-edged. It’s this kooky unpredictability, all things considered, that prompted her choosing to erase Joel from her memory without a legitimate breakup. These days, we call this ghosting; in one way or another, in 2004, it was harder to understand.
The film itself is a masterpiece in the romantic genre, all the dialogues and quotes taken from the film is impulsive and astonishing at the same time. Here we present you eternal sunshine of the spotless mind quotes
Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind Quotes
- “Constantly talking isn’t necessarily communicating.”-Joel Barish
- ” I wish I had stayed too. NOW I wish I had stayed. I wish I had done a lot of things. I wish I had… I wish I had stayed. I do “- Joel Barish
- ” Too many guys think I’m a concept, or I complete them, or I’m gonna make them alive. But I’m just a f*cked-up girl who’s lookin’ for my own peace of mind; don’t assign me yours. “- Clementine Kruczynski
- ” What?… What do you *want* Joel? “- Clementine Kruczynski
- ” I can’t remember anything without you. “- Joel Barish
- ” But you will! But you will. You know, you will think of things. And I’ll get bored with you and feel trapped because that’s what happens with me. “- Clementine Kruczynski
- ” This is it, Joel. It’s going to be gone soon “- Clementine Kruczynski
- ” You had the whole human race pegged. “- Joel Barish
- ” That’s what I love about you. “- Joel Barish
- ” I want to read some of those journals you’re constantly scribbling in. What do you write in there if you don’t have any thoughts or passions or… love? “- Clementine Kruczynski
- ” Remember me. Try your best. Maybe we can. “- Clementine Kruczynski
- ” Sand is overrated. It’s just tiny, little rocks. “- Joel Barish
- ” Can it cause brain damage? “- Joel Barish
- ” Hi. Didn’t figure you’d show your face around me again. I guess I thought you were… humiliated. You did run away, after all. ” – Clementine Kruczynski
- “Adults are, like, this mess of sadness and phobias.” – Mary
- ” Why do I fall in love with every woman I see that shows me the least bit of attention “- Joel Barish
- “Are we like those bored couples you feel sorry for in restaurants? Are we the dining dead? I can’t stand the idea of us being a couple of people think that about. “- Joel Barish
- ” Look, I’m sorry if I came off a little nutso, I’m not really. “- Clementine Kruczynski
- “I can’t see anything I don’t like about you.” – Joel Barish
- ” You know me, I’m impulsive “- Clementine Kruczynski
- ” Am I ugly? “- Clementine Kruczynski
- ” My embarrassing admission is I really like that you’re nice, right now. “- Clementine Kruczynski
- “I don’t know! I don’t know! I’m lost! I’m scared! I feel like I’m disappearing! My skin’s coming off! I’m getting old! Nothing makes any sense to me! Nothing makes any sense! “- Clementine Kruczynski
- ” I don’t constantly talk! Jesus! People have to share things, Joel… “- Clementine Kruczynski
- ” If only I could meet someone new. I guess my chances of that happening are somewhat diminished, seeing that I’m incapable of making eye contact with a woman I don’t know ” – Joel Barish
- ” I don’t need nice. I don’t need myself to be it, and I don’t need anybody else to be it at me. “- Clementine Kruczynski
- ” Joel, look at me. You’ll remember me in the morning, and you’ll come to me, and you’ll tell me about us, and we’ll start over. “- Clementine Kruczynski
- ” Look at it out here! It’s all falling apart. I’m erasing you, and I’m happy! You did it to me first. I can’t believe you did this to me. Clem! Did you hear me? By morning, you’ll be gone! The perfect ending to this piece of sh*t story! “- Joel Barish
- ” How happy is the blameless vestal’s lot! The world forgetting, by the world, forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned; “-Mary
- ” Come back and make up a good-bye at least. Let’s pretend we had one.”- Clementine Kruczynski
- ” Really? There’s a stalker book? Great, I gotta read that one. “- Joel Barish
- ” What can I say, Joel? You know Clementine. She’s like that. She’s … impulsive. She decided to erase you almost as a lark. “- Carrie
- ” Blessed are forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders. “- Mary
- ” When I was a kid, I thought I was. I can’t believe I’m crying already. Sometimes I think people don’t understand how lonely it is to be a kid, like you don’t matter. So, I’m eight, and I have these toys, these dolls. My favorite is this ugly girl doll who I call Clementine, and I keep yelling at her, “You can’t be ugly! Be pretty!” It’s weird like if I can transform her, I would magically change, too “- Clementine Kruczynski
- ” Look, man, I’m telling you right off the bat I’m high maintenance. So I’m not gonna tip-toe around your marriage or whatever it is ya got goin’ on there. If you wanna be with me, you’re with me. “- Clementine Kruczynski
Why The Film Quotes Is Outstanding?
The film is a contemplation on being as one and whether we have perfect partners. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind quotes mentioned above
will move you while making you giggle and sad at the same time.
Endless Sunshine of the Spotless Mind shows the break between quick fascination and an effective relationship. Without the recollections of one another, the two principle couples still feel the underlying lightning electrical jolt they felt when they initially met. Along these quotes, the method takes the characters in reverse in their enthusiastic development, rather than the planned consequence of helping them proceed onward.
The film, written by Charlie Kaufman (who won an Academy Award for his work in 2005), looks to some extent like Alain Resnais’ 1968 artful culmination Je T’aime, Je T’aime, in which a loved one’s passing spikes a man to endeavor suicide. He endures, and on the grounds that he plainly has no will to live, he gets selected for a perilous logical examination in which he’s sent back in time one year, for a solitary moment. The test goes haywire; rather than remembering a solitary moment, he ends up remembering his whole destined sentiment, bit by bit, totally out of request, with no power over what’s going on.