The main subject of Lord of the Flies is human instinct: would we say we are normally acceptable, normally detestable, or something different altogether? This inquiry goes through the whole novel from start to finish. We have provided a brief story after sharing our lord of the flies quotes. You will enjoy reading it.
Lord Of The Flies Quotes
- “Jack’s in charge of the choir. They can be—what do you want them to be? “-Ralph
- “I ought to be chief…because I’m chapter chorister and head boy. I can sing C sharp.”-Jack
- ” Didn’t you hear what the pilot said? About the atom bomb? They’re all dead. “-Piggy
- ” We’ve got to have special people for looking after the fire. Any day there may be a ship out there… and if we have a signal going they’ll come and take us off. And another thing. We ought to have more rules. Where the conch is, that’s a meeting. The same up here as down there. “- Ralph
- ” His specs – use them as burning glasses! ” -Jack
- ” Acting like a crowd of kids! “-Piggy
- ” I’ve been watching the sea. There hasn’t been the trace of a ship. Perhaps we’ll never be rescued. “-Roger
- ” You don’t half look a mess. “-Roger
- ” We’ve got plenty of time! ” -Roger
- ” Don’t you want to be rescued? All you can talk about is pig, pig, pig! “- Ralph
- ” I agree with Ralph. We’ve got to have rules and obey them. After all, we’re not savages. We’re English, and the English are best at everything. So we’ve got to do the right things. ” -Jack
- ” Give me my specs! “- Piggy
- ” Things are breaking up. I don’t understand why. We began well; we were happy. “-Ralph
- ” I thought I might kill. ” -Jack
- ” That little ‘un that had a mark on his face—where is—he now? I tell you I don’t see him. “- Piggy
- ” I know there isn’t no beast—not with claws and all that, I mean—but I know there isn’t no fear, either…Unless we get frightened of people. ” – Piggy
- ” The fire’s the most important thing. Without the fire we can’t be rescued. I’d like to put on war-paint and be a savage. But we must keep the fire burning. The fire’s the most important thing on the island, because, because— “- Ralph
- Eat! Damn you! -Jack
- ” You couldn’t stop me coming if I wanted. “-Roger
- ” I wanted–to go to a place…just a place I know. A place in the jungle. “-Simon
- ” Maybe there is a beast… Maybe it’s only us. “-Simon
- ” What are we? Humans? Or animals? Or savages? What’s grownups going to think? “- Piggy
- ” Ralph wept for the end of innocence, the darkness of man’s heart, and the fall through the air of a true, wise friend called Piggy. “- William Golding (Author)
- ” Jack hates you too, Ralph…You got him over the fire; an’ you’re chief an’ he isn’t… He can’t hurt you: but if you stand out of the way he’d hurt the next thing. And that’s me ” – Piggy
- ” That was Simon…That was murder. “-Ralph
- ” Now you done it. You been rude about his hunters. “- Piggy
- ” ome away. There’s going to be trouble. And we’ve had our meat. “- Piggy
- ” Bollocks to the rules! We’re strong – we hunt! If there’s a beast, we’ll hunt it down! We’ll close in and beat and beat and beat – ! ” -Jack
- ” I’m frightened. Of us. I want to go home. Oh God, I want to go home. “-Ralph
- ” I’m not going to play anymore. Not with you…I’m not going to be a part of Ralph’s lot ” -Jack
- ” You’ll get back all right. I think so, anyway. “-Simon
- ” That’s right. We was on the outside. We never done nothing, we never seen nothing. “-Piggy
- ” We used Piggy’s specs…He helped that way. “- Simon
- ” Which is better, law and rescue, or hunting and breaking things up? “- Ralph
- ” His mind was crowded with memories; memories of the knowledge that had come to them when they closed in on the struggling pig, knowledge that they had outwitted a living thing, imposed their will upon it, taken away its life like a long satisfying drink. “- William Golding (Author)
- ” As if it wasn’t a good island… As if…the beastie, the beastie or the snake-thing, was real. Remember? “-Simon
- ” Let’s have a vote. “-Roger
- ” Sharpen a stick at both ends. “- Jack
- ” No! How could we–kill–it? ” – Jack
- ” Roger gathered a handful of stones and began to throw them. Yet there was a space round Henry, perhaps six yards in diameter, into which he dare not throw. Here, invisible yet strong, was the taboo of the old life. Round the squatting child was the protection of parents and school and policemen and the law. “- William Golding (Author)
As you have gone through our lord of the flies quotes .Now let’s being with the story brief.
The story starts when the young boys accumulate on the seashore just because, brought by the sound of the conch, they have not yet disguised the way that they are currently outside the ordinary limits of development. Remarkably, one kid, Roger, tossed stones at more youthful boys however intentionally missing his objectives because of a paranoid fear of requital by grown-ups.
The boys choose to set up a popularity based society so as to look after the request. They choose Ralph as their pioneer and make a rough component for discourse and discussion, assigning that any individual who holds the conch has the option to be heard. They assemble asylums and show worry for the most youthful among them. They additionally play make conviction and different games, delighting in their opportunity from tasks and rules. Moving on they go through too many adventures, which you will eventually know if you have read the book, and if not; as we have shared lord of the flies quotes it will definitely increase the interest to read the book.
Main Theme Of The Novel
The idea of the truth is investigated in a few different ways in the novel. From one viewpoint, appearances appear to influence the boys to specific jobs most eminently Piggy. Piggy at first communicates the diminish trust that he can get away from the maltreatment and tormenting of his past through his union with Ralph and his helpfulness as a well-understood teenager. In any case, he rapidly falls once again into the job of the harassed nerd and gets dependent on Ralph’s assurance.
Then again, numerous parts of the island are not plainly seen by the boys. Their faith in The Beast comes from their own minds and fears, yet it rapidly takes on what appears to the boys to be a physical structure. Along these lines, The Beast turns out to be genuine to the boys. As the faith in The Beast develops, Jack and his trackers dive into viciousness. They paint their faces, changing their appearance so as to extend a fearsome and startling look that gives a false representation of their actual childish nature.