If you are a person who likes to read and enjoy mystery novels, then you must read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time written by Mark Haddon a British writer. The novel is very versatile and inspiring that some of the dialogues have indulged as it’s own “the curious incident of the dog in the night-time quotes” to educate normal people.
We have picked the curious incident of the dog in the night-time quotes for you so that you can understand, how mysterious and strongly interpreted Novel it is. But before that let us give a small brief about the Novel.
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time is narrated in the first-person perspective. The protagonist of this novel name is Christopher John Francis Boone. The character age is fifteen years old, who lives in Swindon. He is described as a mathematician with some behavioral difficulties, some of the readers assumed that the character might suffer from Asperger syndrome, high-functioning autism, or savant syndrome.
But the writer later confirms that the book does not refer to any kind of autism syndromes.
Despite having challenges in the character’s life he experienced varients adventures according to his perspective which all started in solving the case of his neighbor’s dog’s death. The investigation leads him to know about his mom being alive and he traveled to his mother’s place all on his own. Having an interest in mathematics made him pursue A-Levels and successfully achieve all the other milestones in the later chapters of the book which you will get to enjoy while reading the novel. The journey of the protagonist is quite interesting, and to nourish the memories here we covered ” The Curious Incident of The Dog in The Night-Time Quotes.”
Here is The Curious Incident of The Dog in The Night-Time Quotes.
- “And I know I can do this because I went to London on my own and because I solved the mystery of Who Killed Wellington? And I found my mother and I was brave and I wrote a book and that means I can do anything.” -Christopher Boone
- “Prime numbers are what is left when you have taken all the patterns away. I think prime numbers are like life. They are very logical but you could never work out the rules, even if you spent all your time thinking about them.” -Christopher Boone
- “My name is Christopher John Francis Boone and I know all the countries of the world and their capital cities and every prime number u to 7,507.”
- “I had to get out of the house. Father had murdered Wellington, That meant he could murder me because I couldn’t trust him, even though he had said ‘Trust me,’ because he had told a lie about a big thing.” -Christopher Boone
- “This is another reason why I don’t like proper novels because they are lies about things which didn’t happen and they make me feel shaky and scared.” -Christopher Boone
- “People believe in God because the world is very complicated and they think it is very unlikely that anything as complicated as a flying squirrel or the human eye or a brain could happen by chance. But they should think logically and if they thought logically they would see that they can only ask this question because it has already happened and they exist. And there are billions of planets where there is no life, but there is no one on those planets with brains to notice. ” -Christopher Boone
- “And I would be able to look out of a little window in the spacecraft and know that there was no one else near me for thousands and thousands of miles which is what I sometimes pretend at night in the summer when I go and lie on the lawn and look up at the sky and I put my hands around the sides of my face so that I can’t see the fence and the chimney and the washing line and I can pretend I’m in space.” -Christopher Boone
- “I started writing books for children because I could illustrate them myself and because, in my innocence, I thought they’d be easier.”-Mark Haddon (Author)
- “But Mother was cremated. This means that she was put into a coffin and burnt and ground up and turned into ash and smoke. I do not know what happens to the ash and I couldn’t ask at the crematorium because I didn’t go to the funeral. But the smoke goes out of the chimney and into the air and sometimes I look up into the sky and I think that there are molecules of Mother up there, or in clouds over Africa or the Antarctic, or coming down as rain in the rainforests in Brazil, or in the snow somewhere.” -Christopher Boone
- ” I sometimes think of my mind as a machine, but not always as a bread-slicing machine.” -Christopher Boone
- “Then, when I’ve got a degree in Maths, or Physics, or Maths and Physics, I will be able to get a job and earn lots of money and I will be able to pay someone who can look after me and cook my meals and wash my clothes, or I will get a lady to marry me and be my wife and she can look after me so I can have company and not be on my own. ” -Christopher Boone
- “I held up my left hand and spread my fingers out in a fan and we made our fingers and thumbs touch each other.”-Christopher Boone
- “I like this fact. It is something you can work out in your own mind just by looking at the sky above your head at night and thinking without having to ask anyone.”- Christopher Boone
- “That’s important to me, to find the extraordinary inside the ordinary. ” -Mark Haddon (Author)
- ” It wasn’t about believing this or that, it wasn’t even about good and evil and right and wrong, it was about finding the strength to bear the discomfort that came with being in the world.” -Mark Haddon (Author)
Having Powerful Quotes in Such Kind of Novel Is Very Rare.
As you have gone through the quotes, you can easily analyze what the book is about, the quotes deliver inspiration and let us know about the common obstacles in every persons’ life.
The Novel has been appreciated in Medical Profession Communities, it also been awarded the Boeke Prize in 2004 and White Bread Book of the Year in 2003. Many medical professionals suggest reading the book who has the slightest interest in autistic spectrum disorders, as such disorders reduce the capabilities of completing the task of a regular person. The world is seen by a disabled person in a different and challenging perspective.
Summary Of The Curious Incident of The Dog in The Night-Time Quotes
Trustworthiness and honesty is the key topic in The Curious Incident of the Dog in The Night-Time Quotes. Every one of the primary characters has issues of trust and genuineness with one another. Ed misleads Christopher about his mom, Christopher deceives Ed about halting his examination. At the point when Christopher finds reality with regards to his mom and Wellington, he believes he can never again confide in his dad. Christopher’s mom, Judy is progressively legit with her sentiments towards Christopher but the crowd may at first think that it’s difficult to believe her after she left the family.
Just as these issues inside his family, Christopher keeps up a question of outsiders however confides in the suggestions of his teacher. She has worked with him for quite a while and encouraged him systems to adapt to difficulties. Christopher additionally discovers that he can confide in himself to accomplish his objectives. Even if you haven’t read the books, you can understand the journey through these quotes.