A lie can be helpful or destructive. A huge lie might save a life and on the other hand, a simple lie can break hearts, relationships and might fell someone into trouble. Telling lies is in human nature. There no person on earth who has never lied. If a person claims that he/she never lied, trust me it’s a big lie then.
We are all introduced with the phrase “ Liar Liar pants on fire”. There were many books, movies, etc plotting on the term telling lies. Ever there is a famous Jim Kerry movie name “Liar Liar”. There is a lot of person in the world who take the support of telling lies because they are scared, to tell the truth. But trust me it is not that hard.
Moreover, the most awkward and funny thing is when someone is lying and you know the truth. You keep silent and remain calm to know and judge what the person is up to. The person telling the lies gets caught red-handed at the end of the day or conversation and finds no ways to escape from the embarrassment.
Here in this article, we picked top 20 when someone is lying and you know the truth quotes for you.
When Someone Is Lying and You Know the Truth Quotes for You.
- Tell the truth, or someone will tell it for you. ”
- “ The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever. ”
- “ Never argue with someone who believes their own lies. ”
- “I’m not upset that you lied to me, I’m upset that from now on I can’t believe you.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Above all, don’t lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself and listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, and so loses all respect for himself and for others. And having no respect he ceases to love.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov
- “If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed.”- Adolf Hitler
- “But you can’t make people listen. They have to come round in their own time, wondering what happened and why the world blew up around them. It can’t last.”-Ray Bradbury
- “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t going away. ”
- “ The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic. ” – John F. Kennedy
- “ I have a punishing workout regimen. Every day I do 3 minutes on a treadmill, then I lie down, drink a glass of vodka and smoke a cigarette. ” -Anthony Hopkins
- “ A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on. ” – Winston Churchill
- “ Some people lie to boost their low self- esteem; some people lie to project their superiority. Some people lies to please or make others feel good; some people lie to belittle or hurt others. Some people lie to avoid responsibility or punishment; some people lies to achieve success or to seek personal gains. ” – Dr T.P.Chia
- “ People lie because they are ashamed of what they’ve done, people lie because they are scared to face the truth, people lie because they can’t face the world. ”
- “ It seems strange that bears, so fond of all sorts of flesh, running the risks of guns and fires and poison, should never attack men except in defense of their young. How easily and safely a bear could pick us up as we lie asleep! Only wolves, lions, and tigers seem to have learned to hunt man for food, and perhaps crocodiles and sharks. ”
- “Lies are a little fortress; inside them you can feel safe and powerful. Through your little fortress of lies you try to run your life and manipulate others. But the fortress needs walls, so you build some. These are the justifications for your lies. You know, like you are doing this to protect someone you love, to keep them from feeling pain. Whatever works, just so you feel okay about the lies. ” – WM. Paul Young
- “ The cruelest lies are often told in silence.” – Robert Louis Stevenson,
- “ All men must acknowledge Lying to be one of the most scandalous sins, that can be committed between man and man; a crime of a deep dye, and of an extensive nature, leading into innumerable sins; for Lying is practiced to deceive, to injure, betray, rob, destroy, and the like; Lying in this sense is the concealing of all other crimes, the sheep’s clothing upon the wolf’s back, the Pharisee’s prayer, the harlot’s blush, the hypocrite’s paint, and Judas’s kiss; in a word, it is mankind’s darling sin and the Devil’s distinguished characteristic. ” – Wellins Calcott
- “Every time you lie, it brings me a little closer to goodbye. ”
- “ Big or small, lies are lies. ”
- “ I was living a life of a lie, I really was. ” -Tiger Wood
All of The Quotes Has a Strong and Deep Message, Isn’t It?
Let us know your thoughts on when someone is lying and you know the truth quotes for you. We believe there are some quotes that surely reminded you about any moment. Share with your friends that tell too much lie and this article might help in forbidding to tell lies.
Lies are always intolerable, as we said earlier a lie can be a handful to save a life or help someone but maximum lies actually bring harm to people. We might make fun of a friend when he/she is bluffing but if the bluffing turns in to telling lie, the result might be not good at all.
Reading these quotes might make a person recall some-one about incidents, where when someone is lying and he/she knew the truth. Some of them might be hurtful and some of them might be silly memories.
But here is the real drill telling lies actually breaks the reliability and trust over some-one, doesn’t matter if you lie for fun. When the time comes there will be no one to believe such a person.
Every parent needs to be aware and reduce the practice of telling lies too if they want the next generation to become moderate and faithfull. It’s important for the kids to know the obstacles and problems of telling lies.
If we keep the practice of not telling lies then it will reduce many problems. Sometimes a bitter truth is preferable than a sweet lie.